AddMe - Search Engine Optimization Book Printing Forum: Ingram's Automated Telephone Computer Died This Month

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ingram's Automated Telephone Computer Died This Month

I regret to announce that Ingram's computerized telephone stock & sales system no longer works. The message when you call 615-213-6803 sadly says the telephone number is not on the phone system anymore. I confirmed with an Ingram customer service rep who told me the number no longer works. Sales and stock information must be obtained directly from the publisher or from an Ingram representative.

This telephone number was extremely useful over the years to check a book's sales through Ingram. It was easy to use and anonymous.

If I find a way to gather the same information, I will post it in a future blog post.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jenna said...

I just Google-searched because I found the same problem. I thought maybe the number had changed. Wow, this stinks! Aside from BookScan (which I can't afford), do you know of any other independent measure of a book's sales?

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Bill Frank said...

Yes, this does stink. No, I haven't found an alternate method to check book sales, yet. When I do, if I do, I will publish it on my blog.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Lynnette Bonner said...

Thanks for posting that it was no longer available. I was Googling to try and figure this out too. So sad that it no longer works!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Bill Walker said...

I'm sure publishers were complaining that authors were privy to too much good information and Ingram killed it for that reason. God forbid we should know the truth about our book sales.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the Ingram number for checking books sales is no more too...drat!
Sara Niles (The Torn Trilogy)

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Book printing said...

Really i am very happy for this information that i have not previous idea about it . Thanks a lot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home